Learn the practice of being kind to not others around you, but to yourself. Bring tools back home with you to incorporate kindness into your daily life. Engage with Jeannette Mare, Founder of the Ben’s Bells Project, to learn the science of kindness and resources for continued growth.
Practice of Kindness
August 12 - August 15
BOOK YOUR VISIT
Contact our Experience Planning team to add this exceptional immersion to your itinerary.
Enjoy $175 nightly resort credit, all meals, and unlimited outback hiking, mountain biking, fitness, yoga, meditation classes, challenge course activities, climbing wall, and more.
All Packages Include:
- Delicious and healthy gourmet meals served daily in our Cactus Flower Restaurant.
- Luxurious, casita-inspired accommodations.
- In-Room Dining & all non-alcoholic beverage service.
- $175 nightly resort credits to use toward spa services, private sessions, equine, and culinary experiences.
- Miraval is a non-tipping resort.
- Complimentary daily wellness activities, lectures, yoga, meditation and fitness classes.
- Unlimited fresh smoothies, tea, coffee, and freshly prepared grab ‘n go snacks served at Palm Court Cafe.
- Stay four nights, receive the fifth night for free. *Restrictions Apply
- Complimentary shared shuttle airport transfers from Tucson International Airport.
Schedule of Events
Friday August, 13
- 4:00 PM - 4:45 pm | The Practice of Kindness
Saturday August, 14
- 12:00 PM - 3:00 pm | Ben's Bells Art Studio with Jeannette Mare (Walk Up)
Sunday August, 15
- 12:30 PM - 1:15 pm | Self-Kindness
The Practice of Kindness
In this workshop, participants will engage in an in-depth discussion of the challenges and opportunities we encounter in every interaction as we strive to create closer relationships and kinder communities. Using an interactive format, Tucson’s resident kindness specialist will reflect on her experiences with kindness in the face of devastating grief, will share her work with Ben’s Bells, and will discuss the emerging body of research on the science of kindness. Using humor and storytelling, Jeannette will leave the audience inspired and equipped to incorporate the life-changing practice of kindness into their lives.
In this workshop, participants will engage in an in-depth exploration of what it means to be kind to themselves and the importance of prioritizing the practice of self-kindness. Using an interactive format, Tucson’s resident kindness specialist will reflect on her experiences with self-kindness in the face of devastating grief and will discuss the emerging body of research on the science of self-compassion and self-kindness. Using humor and storytelling, Jeannette will leave the audience inspired and equipped to incorporate the life-changing practice of kindness into their lives, starting with the practice of self-kindness.
Meet your Leaders
Jeanette Mare, Founder of the Ben's Bells
Jeannette Maré founded the nonprofit Ben's Bells 17 years ago after the sudden death of her young son. She combined her knowledge of linguistics (BA, University of Arizona, MA, Gallaudet University) with her passion for teaching kind communication skills in her community-building mission. Years of studying kindness inspired many questions that Jeannette wanted to explore and she is thrilled to do so as a PhD student working with Kory Floyd.
BRING MIRAVAL HOME
Ben’s Bells are meant to inspire people to be self-aware of the impact of intentional kindness. By giving someone a Ben’s Bell or bringing a Ben’s Bell into your home, you are helping to spread kindness daily, making our community a better place to live. This unique and locally produced clay saguaro is embossed with "Be Kind", and a hanging metal bell chimes with the reminder to live intentionally and with kindness.